Mr Randhawa is a Consultant ENT Surgeon at the world renowned Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital in London. Having graduated from the University of Leicester, Mr Randhawa completed his higher surgical training in London (North Thames region) where he worked in several centres of excellence and trained under internationally renowned surgeons. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and holds a Masters in Allergy which he obtained with distinction from Imperial College London.
His broad experience allows him to treat all aspects of ear, nose and throat conditions in both adults and children. However, his particular area of expertise is diseases of the nose and sinuses ranging from allergic rhinitis (hayfever) to performing nasal reconstruction and advanced sinus surgery. Mr Randhawa’s practise also encompasses facial aesthetics of which he offers a wide range of surgical and non-surgical procedures. Mr Randhawa is also a surgical member of the Facial reanimation and Craniofacial services at University College London Hospitals which offers surgical treatment to patients with facial nerve problems and facial deformity.
Mr Randhawa has published more than 30 peer reviewed articles in leading medical journals. Mr Randhawa is actively involved in teaching and training junior surgeons and is the deputy education lead for ENT surgery at University College London Hospitals. He lectures and performs surgical demonstrations on nasal surgery courses (rhinoplasty/ endoscopic sinus surgery) which attracts an international audience. He is a full member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and the British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Memberships & Associations
1.The internal nasal valve: a validated grading system and operative guide. Patel B, Virk JS, Randhawa PS, Andrews PJ. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2018 Nov; 275(11):2739-2744. doi: 10.1007/s00405-018-5142-x. Epub 2018 Oct 6. PMID:30293091
2. Peak nasal inspiratory flow correlates with quality of life in functional endoscopic sinus surgery. Whitcroft KL, Andrews PJ, Randhawa PS. Clin Otolaryngol. 2017 Dec;42(6):1187-1192. doi: 10.1111/coa.12859. Epub 2017 Mar 26. PMID:28247540
3. Body dysmorphic disorder in patients undergoing septorhinoplasty surgery: should we be performing routine screening? Joseph J, Randhawa P, Hannan SA, Long J, Goh S, O’Shea N, Saleh H, Hansen E, Veale D, Andrews P. Clin Otolaryngol. 2017 Jun;42(3):508-513. doi: 10.1111/coa.12752. Epub 2016 Oct 5. PMID: 27627585
4. A prospective 4 year study of the objective and subjective outcomes of 15 patients after dynamic facial reanimation surgery. PJ Andrews, PS Randhawa, J Joseph, S Goh, Q Li, AL Poirrier, S Leong, T Lesser, S R Saeed. Clin Otolaryngol. 2016 Dec; 41(6): 825-829. doi: 10.1111/coa.12574. Epub 2016 Feb 11.
5. The outcome of septorhinoplasty surgery on olfactory function. Randhawa PS, Watson N, Lechner M, Ritchie L, Choudhury N, Andrews PJ. Clin Otolaryngol. 2016 Feb;41(1):15-20. doi: 10.1111/coa.12463. PMID: 25974245
6. PS Randhawa, N Watson, M Lechner, L Ritchie, N Choudhury, PJ Andrews. The outcome of septorhinoplasty surgery on olfactory function. Clin Otolaryngol. 2016 Feb;41(1):15-20. doi: 10.1111/coa.12463.
7. PJ Andrews, N Choudhury, A Takhar, AL Poirrier, T Jacques, PS Randhawa. The need for an objective measure in septorhinoplasty surgery: Are we any closer to finding an answer? Clin Otolaryngol. 2015 Dec;40(6):698-703. doi: 10.1111/coa.12455.
8. PS Randhawa, G Wong WE Grant (2015). Image guided frontal sinus mapping: Our technique. Arch Otolaryngol Rhinol 1(1): 010-011
9. A Thakar. J Stephens, PS Randhawa, AL Porreir, P Andrews. Rethinking Sino-Nasal Outcome: Validation of the Sino-Nasal Outcome Test-23 in Septorhinoplasty. Rhinology. 2014 Dec; 52(4): 320-6
10. JS Virk, S Tripathi, PS Randhawa, N Mendoza, J Harcourt. Tumour resection volumes and facial nerve outcomes for vestibular schwannomas. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014 Jun; 66(2): 191-5
11. PS Randhawa, YJ Lee, M Lechner, J Rimmer, T Beale, S Morley, F Vaz. One-stop Triple Scanning: the way forward in head and neck cancer management? (Bulletin RCS Eng. Vol 95, Number 5, May 2013, pp. 1-4)
12. C Xie, H Mills, J Magill , PS Randhawa, AD Mace, PM Clarke, GS Sandhu, A Sandison, SAR Nouraei. Reducing treatment delay by improving information flow within the multidisciplinary team: a multicycle audit spiral in head and neck cancer. Clin Otolaryngol. 2012 Oct;37(5):427-8
13. PS Randhawa, R Cetto, G Chilvers, C Georgalas, A Narula. Long-term Quality of Life Outcomes in Children undergoing Adenotonsillectomy for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea: A Longitudinal study. Clin Otolaryngol 2011; 36: 475-481
14. PS Randhawa, J Ahmed, SAR Nouraei, ME Wyatt. Impact of long-term nasopharyngeal airway on health related quality of life in children with obstructive sleep apnoea due to syndromic craniosynostosis. J Craniofac Surg. 2011 Jan;22(1):125-8
15. PS Randhawa, SAR Nouraei, S Mansuri, JS Rubin. Allergic laryngitis as a cause of dysphonia: a preliminary report. Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 2010 Dec; 35(4):169-74.
16. PS Randhawa, S Mansuri, JS Rubin. Is dysphonia due to allergic laryngitis being misdiagnosed as laryngopharyngeal reflux? Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2010 Apr: 35(1):1-5
17. K Ameena-Koufi, P Seamus, PS Randhawa, SJ Leighton, ME Wyatt. Adenotonsillectomy for Sleep Disordered Breathing in children with syndromic craniosynostosis. Journal of Craniofacial Surg. 2009 Nov; 20(6):1978-80
18. SAR Nouraei, PS Randhawa, EF Khoury, Abdelrahim A, Cutler CR, Venkataraman A, DJ Howard, GS Sandhu. Validation of the clinical COPD questionnaire as a psychophysical outcome measure in adult Laryngotracheal stenosis. Clin Otolaryngol 2009;34:343-348
19. SA Nouraei, SM Nouraei, PS Randhawa, CR Butler, JC Magill, DJ Howard, GS Sandhu. Sensitivity and Responsiveness of the Medical Research Council Dyspnoea Scale to the Presence and Treatment of Adult Laryngotracheal Stenosis. Clin Otolaryngol 2008;33:575-580
20. AD Mace, PS Randhawa, E Woolman, MP Stearns. How we do it: Intra-operative Parathyroid Hormone Monitoring using a Laboratory based Multichannel Analyser. Clin Otolaryngol 2008; 33(2): 134-7
21. P Kothari, PS Randhawa, R Farrell. Rationale for Bilateral Tonsillectomy in the Treatment of Cervical Metastasis of Unknown Origin. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Jun;46(4):283-7
22. SAR Nouraei, PS Randhawa, PJ Andrews, HA Saleh. Nasal feminization in male-to- female transsexual patients: the role of rhinoplasty in gender reassignment. Arch Facial Plast Surg. Sept/Oct 2007;9(5):318-320
23. PS Randhawa, AD Mace, SAR Nouraei, MP Stearns. Primary Hyperparathyroidism: Do peri-operative biochemical variables correlate with parathyroid adenoma weight or volume? Clinical Otolaryngol. 2007 Jun; 32(3):179-84
24. SAR Nouraei, MA Petrou, PS Randhawa, A Singh, DJ Howard, GS Sandhu. Bacterial Colonization of Airway Stents: A Promoter of Granulation Tissue Formation Following Laryngotracheal Reconstruction. Arch Otol Head Neck Surg. Vol. 132; Oct 2006:1-5
To Book An Appointment
Please call 0203 3276 350 / 0203 3276 351